Thursday, March 13, 2014

Off-the-Hook Thursday: Twisted Infinity Scarf

This week I learned an important lesson: crochet multitasking is not for me. I've been working on the last of four infinity scarves for a pattern eBook, a lapghan and a poncho pattern (get a glimpse of these WIPs here). While they're all wonderful, worthwhile projects, I haven't enjoyed them as much as I know I would if they were solo projects.

As I've hopped from one project to another, I've discovered that I feel pressured and unable to get lost in the joy of creation. And isn't that what crocheting and craftiness is all about? Relaxation and love of the craft are certainly amongst the reasons I crochet.

So it's with great pleasure that I take one of the three projects off the hook today!! The project that looked like this last week...
Twisted Infinity in Progress
Now looks like this....Ta-da!!!

Go Crochet Crazy's Twisted Infinity Scarf, pattern available soon in an upcoming pattern eBook.

Go Crochet Crazy's Twisted Infinity Scarf is finally off-the-hook!
The Twisted Infinity by Go Crochet Crazy
Now that the Twisted Infinity is finally off-the-hook, I'll be able to get my pattern eBook finished and published in the upcoming week. It feels good to finish projects, doesn't it? What are you taking or have you taken off-the-hook this week?

10 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful infinity scarf, Mary! I really love the colors. Is that the wine color yarn from Joann's? I really want to go and buy a skein or two of that! My granny square afghan should be all done this weekend (the one that matches the newly painted living room). I'm almost done connecting the squares, and then I just have to crochet a nice edging around. Can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, I can't wait to see your afghan! Yes, this is Bernat's 100% Cotton in Smokey Wine.

      Delete
  2. That's really lovely. I love the colours!!

    I'm more starting things than finishing at the moment, but I have finished a small thread doily, an apple coaster, a pair of chunky fingerless gloves for my son and a loomed hat.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scarf, I have never seen a twisted scarf before, It really is scrumptious. Nothing on my hook or off it this week, I'm working on a stripy vest and a stripy knitted jumper at the moment.

    my blog: linda-dawn-designs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck on your other yarny creations, Linda! I can't wait to see them. The Twisted Infinity is one of the scarves in my newly published infinity scarf pattern book. :)

      Delete
  4. Visiting from the SITS Spring Fling! Beautiful scarf, you are obviously talented! Good luck finishing your eBook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea!! I know exactly what you mean. If I take too much on the pressure actually stops me from working on what I need to. I hope you get your other projects finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of today, I've finished two out of three! Progress...whew!

      Delete