Monday, January 27, 2014

Welcome to Crochet Crazy

Hello Everyone! For as long as I can remember, I've been inspired by color and pattern. Creativity is like breathing to me, and crochet is one of my favorite ways to express myself. I love that it's produtive and Zen-like all at the same time. I love that I can use my hands to create special things for family members, friends and on a rare occasion myself! Above all, I can get lost in my daydreams while doing crocheting.

I started dabbling in crochet and knitting when my kids were babies (now they're grown and having babies of their own o_0). Then I got wrapped up in the busyness of single-parenting and my crafts fell by the wayside, unless they were used to clothe my children or make money. A couple years ago, I picked up crochet again and haven't looked back.

My world spans the US and Europe, and I crochet everywhere I go. I have children and other family members in Illinois, and I spend a few months there every year. My German boyfriend and I share our lives together in Germany. And, when I'm working as a tour director, I travel around Central Europe. I love to be on-the-go and am lucky to have loved ones who support my endeavors. It works because we make it work together.

I've been posting on Pinterest under the name Crochet Crazy and figured it was about darn time to start blogging. Although this isn't my first blog, it's my first crochet blog. I hope to share project pictures, inspiration, and bits and pieces of my life and my travels. Just the way friends would if they were gathered around the table with a cup of coffee or glass of wine and their current crochet project. I look forward to gathering with you here and getting to know you!

Stop in and say "hi", and let me know what you like about crochet.



1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to this Mary! Can hardly wait to see what's coming from the next skein of yarn.

    ReplyDelete